Wednesday, May 21, 2008

AUC End of Day Three Report

I fear I must give a minor Presentation 101 rant, so bear with me. Don't make 80 slides for a 45 minute session. Practice at least once, within 24 hours beforehand. Be sure you know how all the hardware and software works before you present with it.

I have to admit these expectations of mine are some of why I do not want to present at conferences. Time consuming and nerve racking. Even with this rant, the AUC presenters in all tracks were above average, and I learned the expected information at all of them. The worst presentations are ones that barely match their descriptions, and AUC had none of that.

Overall a good feeling of having made the right choice on ANGEL. Full of good ideas and things I want to learn more about and/or play with. But now there is that gap between the conference and having access and the stuff. Even so, the long trip home will feel better, knowing it was well worth it.

No comments: