Friday, May 15, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
For the sessions that covered the rest of the day, we found out details about such things as:
- Evergreen Training
- Upgrading to 7.4 details
- Integrating Google Docs
- iTunesU and ANGEL integration
- A Second Life dropbox which is integrated into ANGEL
- How to provide student identification verification
- Promoting Higher Quality Online Discussion and Interaction
- Use of Rubrics in version 7.4
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Instead of Blackboard. You login, but you are not seeing any courses? You just need to change the settings on your Courses Nugget:
- Hold your mouse cursor over the Courses nugget, then click the pencil icon that appears in the colored bar with the word "Courses" in it.
- Change the "Show Disabled" setting from No to Yes.
- Checking the other options helps keep your courses organized by Semesters and Categories.
- Click the Save button, and now your Courses nugget shows all those courses.
If you are using your course, and you are now ready to let your students see the course, you'll need to change the status from Disabled to Enabled:
- Go into the course, and then the Manage tab (far right across the top).
- In the Course Settings nugget, click the General Course Settings link.
- Click the Access tab, then change the "Member Access" setting from "Editors Only" to "All Members".
- Click Save.
Now, if you go back to the ANGEL Home, you'll see in the Courses nugget that the course is no longer Disabled.
If you have any questions or comments about ANGEL at SBU, please send an e-mail to:
angel AT sbuniv DOT edu